Sixty is NOT Old!!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Teenager in the House Again

My husband and I are hosting our first international exchange student as of today! R. is from a South American country. His English is excellent, and he is a friendly, delightful young man.
This is something we have discussed doing for several years but have hesitated because we've had an empty nest for many years and have become somewhat set in our ways! We work with the teenagers at our church and enjoy them, so we decided to give this a try. It's been a long time since I cooked for a teenage boy; come to think of it...it's been a long time since I've cooked!!! We're eager for him to feel at home with us and with the teens in our community. I'm expecting this to be a really neat experience.

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Everblest said...

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement for my blog. May the grace of His unmerited favor lift you up today and may the peace of knowing that grace fill your home with joy.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

How's it going with your exchange student? Is he eating you out of house and home yet? :)

Will he go to church with you, too?

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Mom2fur said...

I bet R is a sweetie! My daughter's boyfriend is Hispanic (actually, from Puerto Rican and El Salvadoran descent--not South America) and he's the nicest, most respectful kid you'd ever meet. Very family-oriented. I'm sure you'll learn as much from R as he'll learn from you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home