Sixty is NOT Old!!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Glad to make new friends!

Wow! People are reading my blog. I'm really excited about that! This is a brand new world to me, and I'm a little unsure of myself. I don't really think I have much to say that anyone would be interested in, but I'm willing to try. What little browsing I have done at blogs indicates to me that there aren't many of us boomers blogging. We can't let the young ones have all the fun!!! Don't know about you other boomers, but I love being in our generation. I'm from the high school class of '64, and I just love our generation. I love how we're aging differently (and better) than our parents did. We have impacted every stage of life as we've come through because our numbers are so big. Now I think we're impacting retirement cause we're so healthy and young at heart! My husband and I aren't retired yet, but we hope to be in just a few years. We don't know exactly what we'll do then, but we're seriously considering moving to the large city where our daughter lives. We live in a very, very small town and would like to have a different experience in our retirement. I'm a teacher; he is in the insurance business. It's kinda like deciding what we really want to do when we grow up, isn't it. Thank you for stopping by and responding. I look forward to talking to you again.

3 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Lone Ranger said...

Just passing through. I'm a boomer too.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

You did it! You posted again and I'm so glad to see that. I loved your list of "favorite things" Thank you so much for visiting. "Young at Heart" is my theme song. There is so much fun left to have.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Morning Glory said...

I'm the class of '67, so I'm not far behind you. I've enjoyed your postings. I'm new at this too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home