Sixty is NOT Old!!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

What's your Favorite Exercise?

So......what's your favorite exercise? I hate exercise, sweating, all that stuff, so it's been a real challenge for me to find an exercise program that works for me and that I will actually stick with. It's not an option for us, you know!! Anyway,I've found my niche......treadmill combined with audio book!!! I'm walking 2 miles at a time and reading lots of good books. (Reading is my favorite pastime.) Our small town library has a tiny audio books section, so I've solved that problem: I buy used books on tape from Amazon.com.....some are less than $1 but they've worked just fine. After I've read them, I donate them to our library. I've discovered this to be a great way to read the classics.

What exercise program is working for you?

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

Welcome to the club! I also hate excercising. I joined a women's workout place for a year and actually enjoyed it, but it took such a huge chunk out of my day that I bagged it.

Now I'm using the elyptical trainer & ab-lounge. I'm not minding it, as I watch a ton of old musicals and romantic comedies (1 hr a day). But it's obviously not enough, because I'm not really loosing any weight.

Maybe the over 50 crowd has to also eat sensibly. What a rip!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

My favorite exercise is walking my dogs. Sometimes I put the two of them on a splitter leash and take them both at the same time. I always have people stopping to comment on them and the girls love to be petted, so it's not just exercise, it's socializing! :)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Morning Glory said...

Walking is actually my favorite, but I don't do enough of it in the winter. It's too cold out. When we had my daughter's elliptical machine for a while, I really enjoyed that. We're thinking of getting one.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger sarah said...

I actually just wrote a post about my excercising routine. I usually ride a stationary bike so that I can read my bible at the same time. Maybe I'll have to try out books-on-tape/CD/MP3.

I also recommend trying a Pilates class if there is one offered locally. It is a good workout that focuses on core strength (abs, back, etc.) and helps alot with flexibility. It is similar in some ways to yoga, but without the spiritual emphasis (I don't do yoga for that reason.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home