Sixty is NOT Old!!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

vacation tomorrow

Tomorrow we leave for our annual vacation in Colorado. We've gone there many, many years to the same little town nestled up in the San Juan Mountains. We started going there when our kids were in elementary school, and now we sometimes all go (our grown children and their families). But this year it's just the two of us. We love having everyone there, but we also love going by ourselves. We don't "do" much there.....just read, take little hikes, jeep up in the really high country, picnic, eat ice cream in the park, throw rocks in the river, etc. I read an article in U. S. News and World Report just yesterday about how important an annual vacation is for one's health and how important it is to include some do-nothing time whether on a trip vacation or on an at-home vacation. It's the do-nothing that's the important part. Doing nothing is not easy for me; I feel so guilty when I'm not being what I consider "productive". But when we go to Colorado, I truly relax and bask in the doing nothing pace.

5 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Morning Glory said...

You're back in blogland! Yay!!

I hope you have a really wonderful and safe vacation.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Michelle- This One's For The Girls said...

"Doing nothing isn't easy for me."

Isn't that the truth? Have a great time.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'm so jealous we're not going with you!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger JJRiding said...

I hope you will be back to blogging or I think I would really like to have as much vacation time as you have had. I am getting close to the half century + 10. Come back and blog----Joanie

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Jonh Neo said...

Good afternoon mimi2six, You can sign up Party Pokerwith CODE: RB2006 to get bounus :20% upto $100. regards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home