Sixty is NOT Old!!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday

This is my first Works for Me Wednesday post.....be sure to check out my daughter's site: Rocks in My Dryer....she hosts this wonderful event! I notice that all the others have that cute little logo on their post, and I don't know how to do that yet, but I'm sure Shannon will help me with it.
Anyway....my WFMW idea is to organize your prayer list. I know that sounds awfully mechanical for some, but it really does "work for me." I have some things I pray for daily. My other categories are Monday - people with long-term health problems or people who are grieving; Tuesday - specific ministries, including my pastor and staff; Wednesday - people with spiritual needs; Thursday - friends' requests; Friday - my family. (That doesn't mean I don't pray on Saturday or Sunday, but I don't always have a sit-down quiet time those days. ) This way I can remember to pray for people. I keep these requests on small note cards in a file box with dividers for the days. I know if I didn't organize this way, I'd never pray for some of the people on my list. It's been a real blessing for me.

8 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Thanks for sharing this tip. I love this organization system. I have tried a similar organizational system for my prayers in the past. (I used notecards, too!)

I think I am going to post a prayer-related tip next week, so I'm glad I saw yours today - it encourages me to write mine!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Michelle- This One's For The Girls said...

Hi Shannon's mom and welcome to Works for Me Wednesday. I can tell where Shannon gets her gracious and sweet personality!

I was just talking about being more organized in my prayer life to a little gal whom I disciple and then I read your post. God must be trying to send me a message. :)

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Jeff C said...

Thanks! This is a great idea. I frequently have many people I'm praying for, I appreciate a good idea of how to order it all. (Rather than flipping back page after page in my prayer journal!)

Dawn C

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Jeff C said...

Thanks! This is a great idea. I frequently have many people I'm praying for, I appreciate a good idea of how to order it all. (Rather than flipping back page after page in my prayer journal!)

Dawn C

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

I live by lists! A wonderful idea!

It was so great to meet you the other week. I was really happy to have the chance to sit and chat with you instead of just saying "hi" in passing.

Have a great week!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Mom2fur said...

What a sweet idea! And I love the title of your blog. If sixty is NOT old...can I say fifty is NOT middle-aged?

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That's a great idea. Welcome to the WFMW bandwagon! Shannon has a great thing going for her.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Karla said...

I often feel very overwhelmed by my prayer list. That's a great idea. And for people who may feel like that's a little mechanical, as you say, I think that if someone that's "scheduled" for prayer on a Monday really needs prayer on a Saturday, God will lay them on our hearts. =)
I like your idea and I think I will give it a try! Thanks for posting it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home